Friday, February 19, 2016

Hola!
As you know from the last post, we have all arrived safe and sound in Guatemala! In addition to starting building, we also did Bible School with the kids. As soon as we arrived in the village, we were greeted very excitedly by a group of kids. There were some women in the village who were told about us coming and they had already informed all the kids about Bible School. They were obviously super excited. I mean who wouldn't be excited about spending a few hours with 8 crazy gringos learning about Jesus? We found a local church about a mile from the first building site. We all loaded up into one of the vans and Juan Marcos (our amazing translator) drove us to the church, along with the several kids we picked up along the way. We started out with the story of the lost sheep, followed by a craft and coloring pages. Then we pulled out the parachute and we all watched in awe as the kids giggled and laughed. After doing the parachute for a while, we started an intense game of Pato Pato Gonzo (Duck Duck Goose). I don't know who was more into the game, us or the kids. Fast forward a few hours and we did it all over again with about 30 kids. Overall Bible School was great and all the kids kept asking if we were coming back tomorrow. I am so excited to watch God continue to work in these kids lives and see the way they impact us as well. Relationships have already starting to flourish and I'm going to have a very hard time leaving the village next week. Some of the kids started to call me Momma Abby and it just melted my heart. I think I can speak for our whole team when I say that all of the people in this village already hold a very special place in my heart.
Thank you for all the continued prayers and support that you have been giving us!
Abby H

No comments:

Post a Comment