Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday, January 16, 2015

God is Good! We had a great day here in beautiful Guatemala. We began our day with Tico Vargas leading our devotion time. He spoke to us on Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say Rejoice." He encouraged us that regardless of the circumstances to rejoice in the Lord. Despite the most desperate circumstances we can still Rejoice in the Lord. After devotions, we loaded up and headed to the village. We had a 90 minute drive to the village which is extremely remote. For those of you who worked in Para Bey with us back a few years ago, we were on the other side of the mountain from Para Bey. It was difficult for some of the building in tight spots, down steep slopes and in rocky ground. We did manage to get three done and another three very close to being done. We were also able to do some Bible School with some of the children in the village. We had about 30 children in attendance and a few of the mothers. As we went through our day it kept coming back to me that God is in the details. As we drove to this village, we kept thinking OK, we have a long drive to a very remote village where our houses are very spread out and we decided to build 18 houses this year. How are we going to get this all done? We arrived at the first building site and found out we will not be doing the concrete work. The locals will work together to put the concrete in all the houses. Wow, a huge load off our week. Then as we continued to move on to more building sites we were noticing the lack of children in the area by the soccer field where we were told would be a good spot to do Bible School. How will we do this if the village is so spread out and we only see maybe a half dozen children around? Well we kept going to the next building site and found ourselves in a quaint little Mayan village where there was a school where we would be able to use as soon as school was out. We had a great opportunity to invite the children to come at 2:00 and several of them were there. God is good and provided everything we needed today and just when we needed it. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the details and logistics and how are we going to do this? We aren't! God is in the details and He will take care of everything. We just need to learn to leave it to Him and trust He has everything under control. This is certainly not an easy thing for any of us to do. As I go through this week, I am going to personally try to leave it to God and not worry about the little things. Thank you to all of you back home for the prayers you are offering on our behalf. We know that you have us covered in prayer and we appreciate all of those prayers.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 5 to 4 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a post that suggested that Dr OSOFO can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr OSOFO . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his E-mail: 

    osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com

    WhatsApp +2349065749952  


    ReplyDelete