Saturday, February 22, 2014

Good Evening from Guatemala! Those are not words I ever thought I'd say...but, yet here I am far from anything familiar to me. Last night Steve Osborn was speaking to us about the childrens home they run here in Guatemala and made a special point to thank us for our service. Today, I was able to spend the day at their orphanage and I cannot believe he would even thank us when they give ALL of themselves the way that they do! What pure, unselfish hearts Steve and his wife, Sheryl have. I was amazed and blessed to be able to spend time in a place where people would be so filled with the Holy Spirit that they would dedicate their lives to serving the children of Guatemala. Children are such tender spirits. Watching the nannies care for them the way they do is indescribable. As our team observed them we were in awe of the organization and schedule that they maintained...but overall the LOVE they had for the children. It made me think of the verse where Jesus said "Let the little children come to me..." Jesus, who was here to save us from our sins, took time for the children and called them to Him. Children, who maybe others had pushed away, thinking they were a bother. He called them to Him, and loved them. This is one of my favorite verses because it shows how our Father in heaven cares, takes time and calls us to Him. In this same way, I observed our team members in the village calling the children to them on Friday. I loved watching the response they gave as they warmed up to us "gringos" and even came for hugs and high fives as the day ended. I love children! I think they are amazing little people and to be invovled with them here, in this far away setting, is opening my heart in many new ways. I am experiencing serving in a whole different way. A way I never expected to be called too. Our God is an awesome God! Jennifer Sterk

No comments:

Post a Comment