Saturday, February 25, 2012

2/25/12 Saturday Guatamela

Today was one of the most wonderful days of my life. I thank God for bringing me here to share his love. Today I had the opportunity to visit the orphanage "Love The Child". I met the most amazing kids and beautiful infants that had been abandoned by there families or removed from abusive ones. I was a little apprehensive at first thinking I would not be able to connect to these children with my broken Spanish but the moment I walked in I found the sweetest girl named Maria who instantly ran up to me and hugged me, we squeezed each other so tight like we had known each other and we were reconnecting again. Then a little boy named Jose scooted over to me on his little cart and started to speak to me in almost perfect English. I kicked back with these two as we all played Angry Birds, listened to music, and took pictures of each other on my phone. Jose's sister Hana who suffers from bone deficiency like Jose scooted over to me to come play with us. I asked her Habla Englais? and she rolled her eyes at me and said "Of course". She was sassy, smart, and so adorable. Later on I went inside to see where some of the rest of our group had gone...I saw that they were just starting to give the infants their bottles when they asked me to climb in and help. I picked up a cute little boy named Deagio and began to give him his bottle which I have never experienced. By the time we were done giving the babies their bottles it was time for us to go back to the mission and meet up with the rest of our group. Dave Westhouse had to come down to were we were to get us and tell us that every one was waiting by the vans for us to go back. None of us wanted to go but we knew every one was waiting for us so we slowly got up and said goodbye to all the kids we had connected with. It was so hard for me to believe that these kids parents had just abandoned them and wanted nothing to do with them. You could not give these kids enough love. I know for sure I will be back to visit them again, these kids will forever hold a special place in my heart..... After we got back we received unfortunate news that Tanya Cookes brother in law Andy Rusticus had passed away....... Our hearts are heavy and all of ours prayers go out to him and his family. God Bless us all, and may the word of the lord continue to spread, in the name of The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.

-Nicholas Quinn Zain Neuman

No comments:

Post a Comment