Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13: Day 1

Greetings Family and Friends,
We all arrived to the mission house safely yesterday. Customs all went well and we found our "Luggage Angel" at the airport again!! Travel from the airport to the mission house all went well also.

We began our Friday morning with a devotions from Dave and Donna Westhouse talking about our theme for the week. "Roots, Shoots, and Fruits." We all broke off into small groups and talked about what being rooted in Christ really means.

After a little singing and devotions we headed off to the village for our first day of work. For those of you that went last year, we are working very close to the village we did last year right by the beautiful volcano. We were able to see one or two of the kids from last year.

After arriving, we began by getting to know the families that we were building the homes for and praying with them over the work site. By the end of the day today we have nine houses built, the 10th started and cement started in two. Great way to start off the week :)

Throughout the day we were all able to make some new friends and really get to know the families that we are working for. How ever, we were not able to do a Bible school lesson with the kids because of not having much space. Max and Juan were able to get us into a church in the village tomorrow to do a lesson with all the kids. We were able to do many activities with the kids today which they all enjoyed very much. All of the kids were so grateful when receiving something as small as a sticker. The many smiles on the kids faces put a joy in my heart and makes me realize how blessed i really am. I gave a little boy some hand sanitizer today and when I saw him sharing the one thing that I had given him, I told him, Thank you for sharing with them. After having held him for about 45 minutes, he insisted I put him down and as I watched him run to all his friends to share with his many friends, he just about put me in tears. To see that little boy, with so little, share the one thing he had gotten from me with all his friends, he put a big smile on my face!!

Thank you all for the many prayers, we can definately feel them and have seen answeres to many of them already!! Hope you all are doing well at home. Miss you all!

Written by: Stacy Westhouse

P.S. Braden Kok wants you all to know, He is the sword master with the balloons :)

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 5 to 4 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a post that suggested that Dr OSOFO can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr OSOFO . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his E-mail: 

    osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com

    WhatsApp +2349065749952  


    ReplyDelete